Thursday, 21 March 2013

Blog reading shenanigans

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

As many of you already know, Google Reader is going away. Which leaves lots of us with a bit of a dilemma. I am in the middle of looking at Bloglovin and may look at Feedly too, but I am swinging in favour of Bloglovin at the minute simply because they didn't require direct access to my google account before I could log in. Probably I'm just being paranoid, but it felt a bit like being asked to give the keys to my house to a stranger I'd just met on the street. But then I don't use Facebook apps that can access my information, or even download to my phone anything that wants to modify my SD card - no games for me!

Anyway, as part if this endeavour I am "claiming" my blog on Bloglovin and as a result have to put this bit of code on a post. Not the most exciting I've ever written, but there it is. I've got a weaving tutorial nearly ready to go - come back in a day or two!

11 comments:

  1. I didn't even look at Bloglovin, I went straight to Feedly. It was a fast and seamless changeover but then, it is all linked to Chrome/Google. Not too sure if I like it yet - I guess I can always change if I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I shall be ok as I am. Although I have read up on both. I view everything through blogger. Hope it all works out. Many thanks for your kind comments on my hospital post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gone to Bloglovin too, but still need to "claim my blog" - although what that means exactly I have no idea!
    R x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gone with The Old Reader. Which sums me up nicely, I feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just burying my head in the sand but know I will have to something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. eeek you have to claim your blog. I managed to import all my subscribtions which took me forever, I'm still using reader whilst it's there........

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hoping the blog list on my Blog side bar is still going to work. It's the way I see when blogs have been updated, I've never bothered to use Google (or any other) Reader.
    Out of curiosity I did sign in to Bloglovin using my FB persona. And I saw that my blog has Bloglovin followers.
    I'll just wait and see if my blog falls off the radar :-I

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've changed over to Feedly - it took about 2 seconds and all my blogs are right there, just like on Reader, only in full technicolour rather than a dull list. I love it. I haven't looked at Bloglovin so I can't compare.

    I don't have an issue with them requesting access to my Google stuff, as I keep my blog stuff separate from other things. The app is wonderful, and it is easy to comment when I want to. I probably will miss the Reader bookmarklet that I have on my desktop but I guess I've got long enough to get used to Feedly in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh crap. The code. I forgot the code.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did the same - have done the same - with both. I've still yet to figure it all out, but set up I am....for just in case.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've tried both Feedly and Bloglovin now .... I'm finding Bloglovin way easier. And right now - it's easy I'm after :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.