Monday, 12 March 2012

Knit Relief


If you're in the UK you will no doubt be aware that it's Sport Relief time again. We've been enjoying Let's Dance for Sport Relief, as we always do, though this year the Smalls are big enough to get passionately excited about their favourites and terribly upset if they don't get through.

Anyway. Another event that is a bit smaller but no less exciting is Knit Relief, organised by the very talented Teen Granny. Lots of people are donating knitting/crochet related items for auction to raise funds for Sport Relief, and there are already some very tempting items up for grabs.


So what do I have to do with this? Well, apart from having my eye on a couple of lots (step away from the amigurumi octopuses because they *are* coming to live with me), I decided I'd like to donate something, but what? I had various ideas, but in the end remembered I'd seen a pattern for a very clever knitting/craft bag at U-handbag, and after waiting for the hardware to arrive (less than 24 hours after ordering, people - Lisa and her team of elves are truly amazing!) I got sewing and made two bags, one for me and one for the auction.

The bags have different linings but are otherwise identical, with detachable shoulder straps, boning and brass feet to help them stand up, and a secret hidden pocket for special supplies.

But the best part is the closure - it's a bit like those little coin purses where you press the sides and they pop open, but these ones are much larger and pop open to a hexagonal shape and stay that way till you decide to close them.


Anyway, the person who decides to bid on a bag will have their choice of either turquoise birdies or vintage style roses in the lining - I like them both so I am happy with whichever one is left.

If you get the chance, do pop over to see Scarlett and find out what else is on offer - you'll be glad you did!


PS Sorry that my blogroll is temporarily missing - one of the sites I had on my bloglist is apparently classed as "suspicious" so it was flagging up malware warnings in google chrome. The easiest way to get rid of it was to remove the blogroll until I can purge my list of defunct links.

12 comments:

  1. Oh they're so fabulous and perfect for a knit-themed auction. Those closures sound as though they defy the laws of Physics to me. Bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! I love the closure -- that's perfect for a little knitting bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous bags Val! Will you be making more? Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fantastic bag, oohh if only I could be that good at sewing, more practice for me I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bag's gorgeous! When is the auction starting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fab knitting bags! The perfect shape. And I love the blue lining. Off to have a peek at Knit Relief. K x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh gorgeous bags Val, perfect for holding lots of lovely yarn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a clever clogs - and I love that fabric - so jolly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect knitting bags... love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bag - I'll be bidding!

    ReplyDelete
  11. a fabulous bag! I've a few things on watch ready to bid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful and clever!

    (and they look terribly complicated to make... The word hardware scares me to bits!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.