Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Days 19 and 20

The calendar said we ought to be making gingerbread houses yesterday, but what with work parties and present making we ran out of time. So instead, we saved it for today when we had a visit from Emma and her tiny pebbles and went a bit mad with the sugar.

This is the pebble cottage. Note the exuberant use of colourful sweeties, and twin chimneys, no less:


For some reason there is a jelly baby stranded on the roof of the Dottycookie cottage, and his ladder is broken. Oh no!


But at least he can be reassured that there is a colourful path waiting to break his fall if he ever gets onto the roof:


We used the leftover gingerbread to make tiny bears, and drew on them with a food safe marker, an extravagant delight if ever there was one.


And we even made tasteful angels from a glorious Allsorts printout - Jenny's blog is a constant source of joyous inspiration and she's generously produced a whole slew of free Christmas projects over the years.


And now I am sugared out. Weeks of very limited sugar intake have had me feeling well and healthy, and this afternoon's excesses have made me crave intensely savoury foods. Bring on the Marmite!

16 comments:

  1. I think the very first post I read on your blog was about a gingerbread house and I immediately went off and made one! I've got stollen baking this evening which was much easier. It's sounds as though you've had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! The girls are very excited about seeing their little piece of gingerbread real estate on the computer. I have just found another stash of roof tiles/haribo/smarties in littlest's pocket. She has serious hamster skills.

    It was such a lovely afternoon. I suppose we should call it a crafternoon.

    happy christmas val love Evie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet Christmas treats! Our gingerbread house was more of a ruin as the walls didn't stick together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funfunfun. Glad to know that it isn't just Beans who are bouncing off the walls on a sugar high tonight... Ax

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love he thought of the little pebbles and cookies all sitting round sticking their creations together! And very glorious they are too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so happy! Thanks for sharing.

    I hear you on the sugar - Papa S and Little Lad made Swedish spice cookies yesterday for the neighbors, and after eating just two (PURE sugar) I got a raging headache and felt queasy. Back to the green smoothies...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very concerned about the green jelly baby.

    I bookmarked those angels yesterday and am thinking Jasmine (my niece who I'm looking after today) might like to have a go at making them. Probably best not to show her the gingerbread house ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope some body rescues the jelly baby soon. The little gingerbread men are soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the gingerbread houses - em and i are going to make one on friday - have never made one before so it should be fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gingerbread house, it looks too wonderful to eat? Thank you for the angel link - they look like the Jurianne Matter ones which I just love so I will be downloading this afternoon ... thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab gingerbread houses! I've never been brave enough to attempt making one so we made little star biscuits with shop bought gingerbread dough instead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that poor jelly baby wouldnt be stuck on the roof for long in my house, someone would rescue it, into their tummies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a dream day... to spend time with fellow bloggers and craft, super fun...

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a domestic wonder. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your gingerbread houses - always the prettiest and most colourful. Hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.