Friday, 16 December 2011

Days 13,14,15 and 16

Now that was unexpected - a day in bed with a rotten cold surrounded by a day or two on either side for the build up and easing off. If you'd handed me a pistol on Wednesday night I might well have used it.

Anyway, here I am, back again and trying to get back on track. The activities have gone a bit by the wayside - odd that - but since one was the school Christmas lunch and another the School music evening, I hadn't planned much that actually needed doing.


Ah yes, the music evening. In which Tall Small stood straight and played her violin in front of 200 people without a wobble. She looked so grown up and as she played the last note I think I felt my heart burst. Sigh.

One of our regular advent activities is to buy food for the collection box in the village church, which is then donated to the local nightshelter. I'm not quite sure what planet the Waitrose marketers are on if they really think chocolate chip digestives count as "essential", but I hope they are appreciated in this wintry weather.


Anyway, I do believe I need to pick 3 people who want to receive snow. I've used the Random Number Generator (and I'm afraid you'll have to take my word for it as screen capture is still beyond my woolly brain). The winners are:


I'll be in touch via email!

7 comments:

  1. Must have missed your snow give-away! Hilarious!
    A white Christmas would be nice, but I remember last year when we were snowed in during December and couldn’t go anywhere!

    Sorry to hear you have been under the weather!
    I’m looking forward to day 17!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pox on Christmas colds. I think mine might have been man-flu actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly but glad you're on the mend now. There seems to have been a lot of it about...
    R x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohh I had that cold, horrid isn't it, really knocks you out. Hope you feel better now. I will have to make a sparkly star for my window I think x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colds-boo
    Violin playing daughters-hooray
    End of term-hooray
    Snow winners-hooray

    Hope you're feeling better now, Ax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the pre-Christmas cold. Look. Here comes mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WooHoo! Thank You Thank You Thank You -- I'm SOOOO excited! I'm sorry to hear that you have a cold though -- I'm hoping it will be all gone by the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.