Saturday, 3 December 2011

Day 3 - chocolate!


It was inevitable that we wouldn't manage to make both Christmas puddings *and* cakes for the school fayre - but since that's tomorrow we decided Rocky Road was the order of the day. It's easy, the children can do most of it and who doesn't like big wodges of chocolate biscuit cake??

I used to make complicated decorated cakes and biscuits, but since they all end up priced at 20p per cake, these days I go for big trays of stuff to slice up. A dusting of icing sugar, a sprinkle of edible glitter in my favourite disco baby lilac, and we're good to go.

6 comments:

  1. Rocky Road is always a win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you live and learn. I used to spend ages worrying about the cake making but now make simple cupcakes and decorate them in garish colours with edible glitter ;-) I've even been known to buy shop bought cupcakes and just decorate them .... oh the shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Yum -- it looks delicious Ms. Dotty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I want a cake but I've only got clementines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too used to make elaborate cupcakes but as they sold them for less than it cost me to make them I now either make something verysimple, provide something shop bought or just make a donation!(They sell them for so little that actually it doesn't always cover the cost of shop bought cakes, sadly)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.