Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Advent day 7

Each year we try to think of something the girls can make (or at least part make) for their teachers. Our fallback these days seems to be Lindor chocolates and a Christmas ornament, and this is what we're doing this year.



The wire is a bit tough for them to bend, even with pliers, but they can select the colours and thread the beads on. We have a lot of these to make - between teachers, TAs, post fair orders and our own requirements I think I need to stock up on more crystals!

12 comments:

  1. A little tutorial please... Ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I'd be thrilled with one of these and I'm useless and bending wire, so good on them for doing it! PS You'd be proud of us - my children are having a go at borax crystal snowflakes today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, come on share the how to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky teachers! Ours just got cookies. Well, if you break up on December 9th, what d'you expect???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh those are gorgeous. Ditto Gina re very lucky teachers! K x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty they will have a lovely sparkle hanging on the tree with lights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh I want to make one of those. xoxo.
    and decorations are a perfect teacher gift, I have some from when I taught in Boston, and it makes me smile whenever I hang them on the tree (and panic somewhat that the then 5 year old is now 18!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, yes...a tutorial! How do you join all those wires in the middle? They're VERY cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was thinking the same as others... along the tutorial lines!

    they really are so pretty. i'd definitely be delighted to get one - i've had my fair share of Not So Great teacher gifts over the years!!

    hope you enjoy making the rest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.