Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Advent day 6


This was a lovely idea for an activity, and earlier on we had clear, cold skies and the promise of a good night's twinkle viewing. But then it clouded over and started to drizzle so that put paid to that. But all was not lost - earlier on I did some stargazing of a different kind as Tall Small stood up in front of the whole of Key Stage 2 to talk about her pet hamster. Each week, one of the children in Years 5 and 6 talks for 10 minutes on a subject of their choice, to help them practice their presentation skills, but usually it's only in front of their class. She did brilliantly - I was proud of her, her teacher was proud of her and more importantly, she was very proud of herself. Hurrah! Confidence boosted, we hope!

7 comments:

  1. how brilliant, well done tall small!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your stargazing! Maybe you can squeeze it in later in the month -- like maybe when tracking Santa's arrival! ;-D Congratulations fo Tall Small!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very well done Tall Small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I would have wept with pride for Tall Small! Sorry about the cloud covered twinkles. I love love your advent calendar idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very brave of Miss Tall Small! I still hyperventilate at the thought of public speaking -- which I think is a group larger than two people ;).
    Merry Christmas!
    ♥ ♥ ♥
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stargazing - oh that is a lovely idea for the advent calendar .... darn ... wish I'd thought of it for mine ;-) and as for speaking in public well done to Tall Small :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.