Friday, 18 November 2011

Show your spots!!!

No, not an ad for Clearasil.

As most people in the UK (and certainly anyone with primary school aged children) will know, today is Children in Need day.:

You may also know that Matt Baker has been riding a rickshaw from Edinburgh to London to raise money, and we were very excited to realise that his route took him 6 feet from our front door. He was leaving Cambridge at silly o'clock but he has an online GPS tracker that showed his progress and lo and behold he came cycling past at 6.15am!

video


Two (TWO!) cameras refused to take pictures but fortunately Mr DC's shiny phone did the job beautifully. If this video works you will not only see Matt and Pudsey in the dark, but will hear Tall Small calling out "He's here!", my panicked cries of "It's not working, it's not working!" and please note how calm my husband is in response. Living with the rest of us, believe me, he needs to be.

My children were beyond excited, and I have to admit I actually jumped up and down. I have a feeling we won't make it all the way through the broadcast tonight! Go, Matt, go!

15 comments:

  1. Gosh! I could really feel the excitement!

    And your right, in the presence over 3 excited and flustered females, Mr DC was very very calm.

    Celia
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did like Mr. DC's response to your edge of panic. It seemed like a practoced response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! How exciting, especially for those smalls of yours.

    Those sheep are fabulous btw. Love the swiss roll fleece stylings. Sorry I've been out of touch. Would love to meet up soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Mr DC's wonderful sense of calm - seems like he is well practised at keeping his head while all around him, others lose theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! and thank goodness for calm husbands! Thanks so much for tipping us off - I really enjoyed seeing them go past here around 20 minutes ago, Toby wasn't entirely sure what to make of it - I think he was more impressed by the flashing lights on the police bikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! You are all so excited, I felt it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! I heard that little voice at the end saying shall we chase after him. Mr DC was very calm indeed considering the rest of the excitement. Love those little sheep on the last post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What excitement! Your kids sounded so thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how brilliant, Pudsey Bear cycling past you home!!!! He's got one heck of a bike ride to get back to tv center here in London!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How Fun! Thanks for sharing the video -- it was fun to share in your excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooooh hugely excited for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to be Mr DC when I grow up. Maybe if I started meditating regularly? Nah. Too many hormones.

    This made me so happy - thanks for sharing. It reminds me of the magical video of all of you shooting things off in your garden...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the soundtrack made me smile - it would be EXACTLY the same in our house! Very exciting to see him cycle past your house thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a treat forthe kids! (and the grown-ups too!). Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this made me smile, Mr DC is a calm, collected hero.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.