Sunday, 15 August 2010

Book results and a slight disaster

Something BAD has happened to our camera. Our beloved, now fairly elderly, Nikon D70. It lives in a safely padded bag in a cabinet drawer when it's not being used, and is pulled out and put away many times each week. Last week I pulled it out to find that some had put it away minus the bag, but I just tutted quietly, stowed it safely and moved on with the day. Unfortunately the next time I came to use it, it turns out that while it was unprotected, the lens edge has been badly cracked and the poor thing can't autofocus any more. I rather suspect small hands closed the drawer too vigorously on it. We just hope it can be repaired ...

Anyway, in the absence of any actual photos, here's a screenshot of the results of the Pass the Book giveaway:


By my reckoning, Miss Read will be winging her way to Rhiannon - I'll be in touch!

16 comments:

  1. Poor poor camera :( Fingers crossed it will be made better by the nice people at Nikon

    and on another note, wow for Miss Read; I thought I was too late!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, I'm sorry about your camera. I'm rather lucky in that the Nikon repair center is only about 30 mins drive from here. When my battery charger died, they gave me a new one without even wanting to see a receipt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no... so sorry about your camera! :o( And more's the pity as it is often more costly to repair a camera than to buy a new one, depending on what can be done/fixed. Do hope it is fixable--and not for too much. Congrats to Rhiannon though... :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor camera! Lucky Rhiannon!!! Locket xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky Rhiannon getting holiday reading!

    Hope your camera is mendable.

    Celia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a shame about your camera - here's hoping it can be fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Small hands are a camera hazard for sure. Hope you can get it sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no. Will keep fingers crossed for camera repair. K x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! Good luck with the camera repair. And Congratulations to Rhiannon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry about your camera, I hope it can be fixed without costing a fortune. I have my suspiscions that small hands here might have had more than a little something to do with the demise of my camera recently! Congratulations to Rhiannon and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, hate that about your camera! Hope it's soon back to you in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shame about the camera. I dropped mine yesterday and it didn't have a soft landing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your poor camera! I hope it can be fixed easily.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm perusing the world of blogs today -
    I love yours and I'll be back!
    gabriele

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no, your poor camera. Hopefully you can get it to someone who can fix it - I suppose a new lens is too easy a solution? x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.