Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Seven ways to make me feel special

In the dark days at the end of last year I signed up for Ali's Seven Days of Specialness swap, along with half the blogosphere, it seems! My partner was Jo from French Knots, and she put together a fab package of gorgeousness for me - well, seven packages actually. I was amused to realise we had both forgotten to label our carefully wrapped packages with the order in which they should be opened, and found it even funnier that we'd independently chosen the same wrapping method - pink tissue and pretty ribbons! Clearly we were well paired :-)

Shall I show you? Oh, go on then.


Sleepy tea (invaluable last night as the smalls shared my bed and wriggled); a lovely little tin for buttons and beads; an adorable tiny embroidered picture which is now by my bed; a buttony heart to cheer up the kitchen; some flower seeds ready for me to reprise my Sarah Raven impersonation of last year.


A proper needlebook, and I know it's mine because it has my name on it; and a tiny, beautiful thimble with a hidden panel of exquisitely small embroidery. Jo says she did it herself but I think she must have a stitching fairy as I'm not sure how else she could see to make such minute stitches!

Thanks Jo, your parcel made an otherwise grey and dull week seem like the first week of spring; and thank Ali for being a swap organising genius!



PS If you want to see what I sent Jo has posted about it here. But you should go and visit her anyway, because she's lovely!

27 comments:

  1. oooh what gorgeous things, my parcel arrived yesterday, I'm loving it! (I forgot to order my packages too, but my partner didn't........) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely parcels of specialness. I must photograph mine today while we've got some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What brill things, I adore all of it, lucky you

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were spoilt , what beautiful things !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a package of gorgeous things you lucky thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab swap, the thimble is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That thimble! How beautiful. The little picture is stunning and a button heart is always a smile-giver. There's certainly specialness here x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many lovely goodies! Doesn't it make your heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great swap package! And the one that you sent is fab too. Isn't it fun to have such surprises in the dark dreary winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great swap, just what was needed to brighten grey days. Thanks for all your lovely parcels.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. how lovely, such gorgeous gifts and a great way to brighten up a day!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely selection of things. I'm off to see what you sent Jo now. This swap is making me very nosy! A x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely, lovely presents! This swap has been fantastic! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S. I LOVE your new header!!! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hasn't it been great? My final day yielded a yummy pack of cookies which No2 devoured before I'd even had a chance to photograph them!

    Love your new header too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Top parcel! Seeing all those little tokens of thoughtfulness just makes me smile. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such wonderful goodies! There's nothing like receiving a little packet of sunshine in the midst of the bleak midwinter...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo...such treats, such lovelies... nothing like a little care package, surprise or swap between blog-friends! Thanks for sharing the fun, DottyCookie... Wishing you all a very sweet Valentine's weekend :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful goodies, I have just taken a peak at Jo's blog and it would seem that you were a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a lovely parcel
    i soo miss swapping =(

    rachel
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. The loveliest parcel - what a good idea for a swap!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have had a lovely time looking at all the wonderful things people have received for their seven days. I'm off to check out Jo's blog now. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great packages send and received!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful swap. That teeny-tiny thimble stitching is incredible. Sleepy teas never work for me, let me know if you find one that does the trick. See it's 1.00 am, clearly I need help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful swap goodies! The thimble cross stitch looks very tiny and intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh what lovely goodies! I particulary love that embroidered thimble - Jo must have fantastic eyesight!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely parcel of goodies! I really like that little embroidery that's amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.