Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Normal(ish) service is resumed

I've been a busy little bee over the last few days; every time I switched on the computer I was faced with hundreds of emails that I felt I should answer so I just didn't switch it on, and sewed instead. (I try to email everyone who comments and I feel bad for not having responded to everyone last week, but there aren't enough hours in the day!)

So, I give you:


1. Two bags from one - an Amy Karol artsy clutch that seemed like a good idea at the time but just was too big and unwieldy for what I needed; now chopped in half, zips inserted and buttons and roses sewn on. Much more useful. The tiny clutches are brilliant but big ones ... not so much.



2. A variation on Lotta Jansdotter's all day tote, with a zip added on the top because otherwise I'd probably drop everything out of it. If/when I make it again I will change the weird side pocket to a more normal orientation because my magazines keep falling out of it. Could be useful for socks I suppose. Or perhaps a spy umbrella, James Bond stylee; though it would be bad if that fell out in Waitrose.


Why yes, of course I always carry copies of Alan Bennett and a John Singer Sargent catalogue - don't you?!

3. More of those shirt quilts ... mini ones this time.



4. Covered jam jars



Made with fabric from Katy GM's Fat Quarter swap, sent to me by the lovely Helen. I was coveting Lucy's crochet covered jars but I have realised that it is crochet that is killing my elbow; the physio recommended I try to crochet again after having laid off it for 4 months, and lo and behold the elbow pain came screaming back with a vengeance. No-one needs to take that many pain killers in order to make cushion covers, so I have regretfully laid down my hook for the foreseeable future. Sigh.

There is more, but it can wait!

I had intended to post this yesterday, but the news from Australia stopped me in my tracks. All thoughts and good wishes go out to those affected, and of course, much love to all the crafty Aussie bloggers. Jodie, Trashy, and Melly and Me are among those with useful links.

20 comments:

  1. thanks for the links Missus Cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been a busy girl Ms Cookie. Very nice bags! Sometimes you just have to dump the mailbox and move on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been busy. I like the bag for the books - very useful size. I know what you mean about replying to comments. I used to try to answer everyone but it was getting too time consuming, then I feel guilty when I don't reply so don't know what to do! You don't have to reply to this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some output (and you say there's more?) for a few days of sewing. I'd still be threading the needle. (I just can't see the little hole !).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blimey Missus, you've been busy! I love the tiny shirt quilt and those fabric covered jam jars are fab!

    Your new bag is gorgeous - and with such intellectual contents too :-)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. busy little bee is an understatement - there's more?? And all so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang on a sec, are you getting some kind of bonus for such productivity?! See how much you can get done when you stop being so nice about emailing everyone?! You should do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blimey -you got an awful lot done! Really, you need to reply to less comments more often. I promise not to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Moly DC - what a lot you've done! Perhaps they should rename 'tennis elbow' as 'crochet elbow' ... would love to see all those macho blokes having to admit they'd got 'crochet elbow' :-D

    Love the bags - I so wish I could 'do' bags.

    x

    PS No need to respond to this comment :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! I like all your makes! And good links too Val. Lucy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gosh! you have been busy!! Lots of lovely things. Love the mini quilts!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woooo - all that creative stuff!

    BTW - you've been tagged...

    Celia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such yumminess! Love the bags - (very highbrow contents) and the jars are fab (and green too). That little quilt has to be my favourite though. Magic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bags, jars and quilts. Sorry to hear you are still suffering and that there is to be no more of the crochet hook

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been very busy indeed! I wish I knew the answer to how to find the balance between emailing and crafting, Do you think you might devise a scientific experiment to acquire another pair of arms and then knit me a new jumper to accommodate them?! Have a great weekend
    Kimx
    We are out and about next week but it;s worth emailing us (!) if you know you're going to be in Alfriston

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! that's a lot of sewing in a few days. Shame about the crocheting but as you say the pain isn't worth it..

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the bags...and dolly quilt :o) Such wonderful things you've been making...no wonder you're MIA just now! ;o) I've got knitter's elbow just now...but it's not stopping me, I'll regret later over-doing, but gotta knit--LOL! Wishing you & all the sweet cookies there Thanks for the lovely greeting here...Wishing you & yours the Happiest Valentine's weekend! May it be rosy with love & fun. Hubby & I tend to celebrate quietly too. And as it is soooo cold here, we're not venturing out--LOL! We'll make a special dinner, a little wine, a film...After a busy week time together is a great gift. :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice list!! I'm dinning those jam jars....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.