Friday, 26 December 2008

Rudolph the grubby hoofed reindeer

Imagine the squeals when we descended on Christmas morning to find this scene in the kitchen. Dirty hoofprints. Blown leaves.

A pile of oats on the floor.

And an upset box on the counter with an incriminating foot mark.

Turns out Rudolph enjoyed his reindeer food (oats & glitter on the lawn) so much he came in through the keyhole to find some more - Father Christmas needs to tether him more securely next time!

Fortunately he didn't get his grubby little hooves on these. Yum.

Hope your Christmas has been, and continues to be, everything you hoped for!

20 comments:

1. Coo - what a naughty Rudolph! :-O You'd have thought he'd have at least wiped his trotters before ransacking the oats in your kitchen.

I'm sure you have created simply wonderful memories.

Happy New Year to you all. x

ReplyDelete
  2. Those ill-mannered reindeer! They just don't make 'em like they used to back in Donner and Blitzen's day. Thank goodness the sweet treats were untouched!!

ReplyDelete
  3. Those reindeer are trouble! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Val!

ReplyDelete
  4. How magical for the children - you are such a good mummy, especially for stocking up on food for those reindeer

ReplyDelete
  5. ooo that naughty reindeer!!! although he needs the energy so we can forgive him cant we ? :-D
    Lesley x

ReplyDelete
  6. little bugger, just look at the mess he left behind!!! At least he didn't poo, though. Now that does take some clearing up!

ReplyDelete
  7. Those naughty reindeer! One of them left a poo on out doorstep one year (to the delight of several small boys)!

ReplyDelete
  8. what a naughty reindeer xx
    love your little treats, they look great. xx
    hope the rest of the holidays are as much fun

ReplyDelete
  9. reindeers are surprisingly naughty these days....
    and are those nigella lawson's pudinis that I spy?
    x

ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I guess he has to refuel where he can. Lucky those oats were handy. Hope all the DCs are having a wonderful Christmas.

ReplyDelete
  11. how lucky are your children!!! what a wonderful treat to find in your kitchen!!! doesn't happen to everyone!! you must be extra special!!

xxx

ReplyDelete
  12. Oh naughty Rudolf!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family x

ReplyDelete
  13. This is hysterical!!! How very clever you are. And what wonderful memories your children will have!

ReplyDelete
  14. You have to keep an eye on old Rudolph!!!! Glad he came to visit though. Hope you had a wonderful time and wish you and your family a great new year.
    Kimx

ReplyDelete
  15. Aha, I spy a Nigella number (or rather quite a few tiny ones). Were they good?

Excellent reindeer subterfuge there. We did a couple of 'magic snow' (ie flour) footprints on the hearth - FC's of course.

Glad the cufflinks went down well.

E
    xx

ReplyDelete
  16. What a naughty reindeer! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

ReplyDelete
  17. Rudolph is a genius, it must be said x

ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh - naughty Rudolph! Maybe I was wrong to blame my dirty floor on a mucky Moog after all.....

xxx

ReplyDelete
  19. Oh - yours looks so authentic !!

I googled what a deer print looked like, then made a stamp to press in glue and sprinkle with gold glitter on the 'tahnkyou' letter from Santa.

Lucky the boy was too excited about the new tramp to even notice or ASK what the hell that thing was.

Because it looked like a glittery gold vagina.

No, I did not take a pic :/

ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.