Tuesday, 4 November 2008

What's cooking?


Kitchen poetry part 2.

This is our beloved oven. It took us six years to replace the old kitchen after moving into the house, and Mr DC designed this one himself around this specific oven. Because he planned it so carefully, the kitchen works perfectly for us - it might not be the way the professionals would have had it but that doesn't matter. The oven cost more than the rest of the (Ikea) kitchen put together and it was worth every penny.

Cooking on there today is my favourite little pan, with cinnamon, cloves and allspice in some water - much cheaper than scented candles and gloriously festive!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my word - that's some technical-looking cooker. Do you have to wear a helmet and space suit when you use it? :-O

    I love the smell of cinnamon - I have some cinnamon and orange oil I use in a burner ... mmmmmmm x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your clever "nice-smelly-stuff" idea - may have to try it sometime!!!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just lucky if the scent coming out of the kitchen isn't of something burning...

    That sounds lovely. I need something to get me into the festive spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, dearest Ms. Cookie -- I've so enjoyed catching up with your doings for the last few weeks. Happy Belated Anniversary! It looks like you've been busy -- and you've met Ms. LCR! How fabulous for you both. And now I'm terribly upset to know you're so close to London -- for some reason I thought you were farther north!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm...I can almost smell the cinnamon...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I am so envious of your oven (we have two tiny little wall ovens). And I love the cinnamon etc idea--brilliant! K x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i have oven envy! i think we had a very similar rangemaster in black in our last house and left it behind sob sob
    bet the kitchen smells yummy :-)
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm, I can almost smell it from here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gosh, are you getting in the festive mood already? I must catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful looking cooker! I like the idea of the festive smelling water!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.