Wednesday, 19 November 2008

Almost overwhelmingly lovely!

Hmmmm. It seems a week of daily posting burned me more than I had thought! Many thanks for all the lovely comments on my pictures; it's rather lovely to think when I'm tuned in to Woman's Hour that many of you are too.

So, as you may have seen all over the place, last weekend saw a swarm of bloggers descending on various locations around London. I missed the CL Fair on Friday (I didn't dare take Tiny Small in case she was spirited away and made into a lovingly handcrafted tree decoration) but did make it to the Big Smoke for lunch on Saturday, and had the most fabulous day. Ali tagged all the attendees to do a Six Things meme - six things I love and six people to tag. The things I loved about the weekend number more than six -and, predictably, it's all the people who were there - Domesticali, Lucy Locket and her big sister no-longer-blogless-Ally, Moogsmum, Emma Silverpebble (and her delicious Tiny Pebble), Michaela Stashbasket, The Vicious Chicken and NBM.

There were, of course, delicious gifts flying back and forth - anyone would think it was nearly Christmas!


Top to bottom, left to right: Lesley's Christmas trees; Lucy's birds; all that's left of Michaela's fudge; Ali's wreath; Emma's bracelet; Ally's beads.

Thank you all so much for a lovely day!

Now, I'll give you three guesses as to what's been occupying my time this week (not you, Gina!!!):


Answers on a postcard ...

24 comments:

  1. It's not fair... why can't I play the guessing game???
    Wasn't it a fun weekend!
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girlies were SO lucky and I'm so envious! Glad you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you all had a riot...and came home with lovely goodies to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wonder what that could be???!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting that nativity play sort of feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angel peg dolls with really large tinsel halos????

    It really was lovely to see you again Val - I feel like you are someone I have known forever - and if I haven't then i should have!!!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a great trip, have fun with the tinsel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. some kind of golden squirrel?

    Lucky you with all those fab prezzies - sounds like a great day was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah. Saturday sounds like it would have been loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an embarrassment of riches!! Sounds like you had a great time, too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been lovely to read about your big get-together.

    I think you're making an angel costume! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely saturday you had! I'm guessing that you may be getting ready for a nativity play, possably a staring roll as an angel?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sound as if you had a lot of fun. The picture and the time of year makes me think Christmas school plays.... so is it an angel? or something Roald Dahl like and someone is a tree?

    ReplyDelete
  14. they are delicious gifts your very lucky!!! glad you had a good time :-)
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are all so lovely! Thanks for stopping by Nini Makes, it gave me a chance to find your blog. So nice to find fellow UK-based bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now you know I'll never get around to writing out a postcard! K x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a great get-together with a wonderful bunch. Glad to see that you're getting busy with the tinsel - definitely an essential ingredient for getting in the christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is that the school play costume? I have to come up with a star, it was a mouse the year before?!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katy mentioned a golden squirrel. This worries me.

    I think it's the costumes you MAY have mentioned on the train - so I'm cheating really.

    So lovely to see you again and have some chinny wag time on the train and bloggy chat time whilst there. Thanks for the lovely little bracelet!

    Next Fri with Gina for next mini meet up?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you all had a lovely time together! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Angels or angel outfits ... or something Christmassy with angels?? (I see my wonderful guess might have been guessed already!) I'm so envious you got to all get together!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahaaa - is someone going to be an angel?

    It was so lovely to see you again and I really can't wait until the next time!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's just got to be an angel!

    Our school play this year is The Little Mermaid so everyone's rushing around trying to work out how to make small children look like crabs, snails and sea horses. Oh angels and shepherds with tea towel head dresses were always so much more appealing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.