Twelve years ago, Mr DC and I were married on a gorgeously sunny October day with champagne and feasting. Forward to the present day and now there is coffee in fairy mugs, and a sunny anniversary picnic with this little lot. I couldn't think of a better way to spend last Sunday.
Many thanks to everyone who wished us a happy anniversary. Fancy Elastic tagged me for 7 random things, so I thought I might try to think of 7 random things about our wedding.
1. We were married in Oxford, even though we were living in the US at the time.
2. We had a one night honeymoon at Le Manoir Aux Quat' Saisons as we'd run out of holiday - we'll gloss over the fact that it cost about the same as a week in the Canaries!
3. My wedding dress came across the Atlantic in a box; I clearly remember the agony of waiting for it to come onto the luggage carousel at Heathrow.
4. The hotel had our little wedding as well as a big wedding on the same night, both using the same disco. Unfortunately we ended up with the B-team on the decks until Mr DC's cousins staged a coup...
5. We were determined not to have a formal first dance, but our guests refused to start dancing until we did. On the spur of the moment we chose Ella Fitzgerald singing "Let's Fall In Love", not too bad at all!
6. I had a rotten cold on the day and couldn't taste any of the food.
7. The reading during the ceremony was W.B Yeats' "He wishes for the cloths of heaven". It remains one of my very favourite poems - and I know I'm far from alone.
I'm supposed to tag people, but I never do, and especially not since I've hijacked this one! If you feel like having a go, I'd love to read what you have to say ...