Wednesday, 15 October 2008

The Big Weekend

Tiny Small was born the day before our wedding anniversary but this is the first year both days have fallen together on a weekend, and the first time we have managed for either of them to have a party on the Big Day itself. I was determined not to spend the whole of her day tethered to the oven so for once was organised enough the day before to get most of the baking done. I am, to borrow a phrase from Nigella, "unhelpfully obsessed" with preparing the food for birthday parties. If I could find a recipe for PomBears I'd probably try to make those myself too, that's how bad it is.


The day went brilliantly, with sun and happy children and if there were any tears I don't remember them. There was junk modelling (This kept them occupied for 40 minutes! 40 MINUTES!!!)


presents


face painting


stained glass window making (these are now adorning windows up and down the High Street in our village)


lots of cake


and a very happy four year old. And this year she even managed to blow out her candles without burning her lip. Hurrah! Happy Birthday Tinker Two!

18 comments:

  1. SOUNDS LIKE A FAB PARTY!!! oops, caps lock!
    Happy Birthday Little lady!!! (and anniversary to you too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the little lady. Love the junk modelling well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yinker two, how sweet, wishing her a very special second year... Oh can I pinch a smartie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant party! Happy Birthday to your small small, and happy anniversary to you and Mr DC too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab sounding party! Happy Birthday little big girl! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i do love a good birthday party!! unfortunately never manage to have a totally successful one and we had tears and only about ten minutes of being occupied at ours :-( wish i had thought of junk modelling!! happy 4th birthday and anniversary!!!!!!!!
    (have you made those beds yet :-D)
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Tiny small, happy anniversry to you and very happy the celebrations went swimmingly.

    I am a homemade party food obsessive too - thankfully at least 50% of my offspring are above the age of large scale parties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you thought of every detail. What a lovely way to celebrate being four.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurrah, happy birthday to small.

    The cupcakes look scrum.

    x

    ps. I've tagged you on my blog. I hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday Tiny Small! It looks like you had a fabulous time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a happy-looking party! And no tears at all? Unheard of! (Love the little sprinkling of freckles under the face paint...) By the way -- was the anniversary nice, too??

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Very Happy Birthday Tiny Small! What a fabulous sounding party too. I used to be like you with baking and making for parties... and then no. three came along... followed by no. four and I kind of lost the plot!
    Gina x
    PS Happy Anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fab time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like an absolutely fabulous birthday in every way! And happy anniversary, too. K x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy anniversary, and happy birthday - cupcake looks yummy and i love the stained glass windows! looks like an all round great day!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy (belated)birthday to small small!!! You can't get much better than a junk modelling birthday party :)

    Happy anniversary to you and Mr DC too!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! You had such an amazing weekend for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks like a fantastic party xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.