Friday, 30 May 2008

Ungrateful little blogger

Actually, I'm not ungrateful, but I have been very remiss. I have received three lovely gifts recently and while I have thanked the senders by email, I have not posted pictures (I am sure this is not the first time I've said this).

Who is this cheeky little gnome snuggled up to Charlie's SuperMarioMushrooooom? Why, it's Hamish McGnomish, who I won in a giveaway from paper-and-string. Thank you Sarah!


Hang on a minute, that's not a gnome, it's a Happy Tree! Sarah's stitching is exquisite. I have no idea how she makes such tiny even stitches, especially given the humungous number of felty cupcakes she creates.


Second off - after I admired Ali's hand carved stamps, she sent me a big block of the carving medium to play with - thanks Ali (but was I really *that* obvious?!) Of course, now I have to actually pluck up courage to carve something - I know what I want to make but I fear my ideas are going to outstrip my ability.


And finally, Elaine from Thimbleina sent me a lovely package of fabric deliciousness and buttons in exchange for a crocheted headband. She even sent me one of her knitted dishcloths that is doing sterling duty in the kitchen. Thank you Elaine, you' re a wonderful swap partner and I FINALLY have your package ready to post.


So, to make up for my tardiness in saying thanks, can I offer you ladies one of these jam-doughnut muffins? They're from Nigella's Domestic Goddess and I've been meaning to make them for years. They are delicious but dangerously moreish ... don't say I didn't warn you.

19 comments:

  1. Please don't post photos of homemade donuts where No2 can see them...
    They look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling a baking session coming on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those donuts are JUST what i fancy. Shame there's only frozen peas and a tin of kidney beans in the pantry. tomorrow i must grocery shop! there's not even any sugar cubes to gnaw on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, it wasn't me writing that comment above (but it could have been somebody who had just peered into the empty wastes of my kitchen).

    I just wanted to say that this stay at home lark could be bad for the waistband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely things! Those fabrics are irresistible. And fried sugary goodies too! Excellent Friday treats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely goodies, and delicous donuts, I checked the ingredients list - they don't have any calories in them so it's alright Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a haul you've got there! Clever, generous people are out there... everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sweetest little gnome and toadstool! Your goodies are so lovely..looking forward to seeing your creations in fabric.. and the little donuts - how cute are they? Gx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jam filled doughnut muffins, I need the recipe quick!!!!! Love all your goodies, I'm a bit behind on the thanking thing too, you are not alone. Have a good weekend
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those donut muffins look amazing! But so do all those lovely goodies - you deserve them though!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am meant to be on a diet, but I may have to start tomorrow - after I've eaten a plateful of these - they look fab! Lovely stash of stuff - I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of the stamp creations!
    Cathy X

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many great things in one post! The little gnome/tree is very sweet and I don't think I've ever heard of something so tasty-sounding as a doughnut muffin :) Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Thanks for posting the picture of the rubber stamp stuff- I've just spent a fortune on getting some from the US and now know that it's available here too! Typical.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lot of lovely goodies in the post... and those doughnut muffins look too good to be true (so obviously must be very good for you!) I'm about to dig out my copy of "Domestic Godess"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of lovely goodies! I love the look of the little doughnuts. My husband has just brought home a dozen mixed Krispy Kreme doughnuts but I would much rather have one of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh lovely presents!
    And the doughnuts look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy looking doughnuts, I don't have the 'Domestic Goddess' book, but do have 'Nigella Express' and there is a recipe for 'Doughnut French Toast' which after seeing your picture I think I might have to try. What could be better on a day that looks like it may be filled with rain.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooh, note to self, must not read blogs before breakfast..x

    ReplyDelete
  18. doughnuts, gnomes and the possibility of seeing some rather cute stamps......
    it really is all too much on a Thursday afternoon :)
    t x

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh, those doughnuts look wonderfully tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.