Monday, 12 May 2008

Going completely Loopy

Sorry, that is the most terrible pun. I am almost, but not quite, ashamed of myself.

I had such a lovely day yesterday! The lovely Alice organised a bloggy trip to Loop for a knitting workshop; I have to confess that I had no idea until I arrived what the workshop was going to be about, but I did know I wanted to go as soon as I found out who else was going - Tracy, Monica, the famous blogless Kristina, and Ali as well as Alice, of course. I am the last to write about this, which given it's only 24 hours since we arrived home is probably some sort of measure of how much fun we all had!

It was a hot hot hot day in Islington, but all was calm and cool in the depths of the Loop basement. Well, that is until we all started to confess our past knitting disasters and giggle and mess about. I felt very sorry for our extremely elegant and very patient teacher Linda, but I hope she secretly enjoyed it as much as we did.


We learned all about different techniques for sewing together pieces of knitting, making buttonholes that actually look like buttonholes and not mistakes, and three needle casting off - it's a wonder I didn't have to have a quiet lie down before my brain exploded.

There were gifts! Ali made everyone a very lovely little pouch, each one adorned with a personalised stamp, and the stamp itself inside the pouch!! I can't tell you how long I've coveted one of Ali's stamps - and this one couldn't be more perfect for a dotty person who drinks tea till it comes out of her ears. And chocolate from Alice for the Smalls, which disappeared within minutes of my welcome home. You do realise you have attained mythical status with those two, Mrs M?



We feasted under the trees on delicious quiche made by Tracy with eggs from her own chickens, and salads, and wine, and there was even an embroidered tablecloth - the height of sophistication.



Oh, and these cupcakes which we tried to convince Ali she should pretend she had made herself. They were divine - see those pretty things on the top? Dried strawberries. Oh, Yes Indeedy.



What a day it was. The workshop and the food and the wool were all marvellous but the best part was the way everyone chatted and laughed and got on so well it was hard to believe we hadn't all known each other for ages. Thank you for letting me come along, you're all marvellous! We really do need to have a vast blog picnic one of these days ...

22 comments:

  1. It looks like a fantastic time!! I'm quite jealous!
    (I think it's a fabulous pun!)

    Those cupcakes look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes please a vast blog picnic would be great!!!! I'll bring the scotch eggs.....or maybe not!

    Your day out sounds (and looks) wonderful :)

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such fun to read about it all again!
    I'm glad someone got a pic of those cupcakes!
    And I'm up for the picnic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am convinced Linda thought we were all barking mad. Shall we invite her to the giant picnic??!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a fun day, i'd love to visit loop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vast blog picnic eh? Now that would be excellent! It sounds like you all had a great time with all those gifts, food and knitting. The headbands you made for the Smalls are a really lovely idea too- I might have to make one for myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant time,a fab picnic and knitting class in the cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super day you all had! and your personalised stamp is so adorable! Unfortunately I can only make a cyber-picnic! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's obvious from reading all the posts that you all had a wonderful day: so lovely to read. The food looks pretty darned scrummy too!

    Can't wait to see what you do with your new technical skills.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely day, and the weather was fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic sounding day! and a blogland picnic sounds fantastic too - when are you going to organise it???

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful outing and gathering! A trip to Loop...lucky! Those cupcakes are delicious...nothing like pink-iced cakes! Happy Days ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a really lovely day you lucky thing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I'd been there - if not for the knitting then definitely for the picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. knitting and picnics, perfect! sweet little bags. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That picnic looks gorgeous, just the essence of summer

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely day out - I'm feeling very envious. A bloggy picnic sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. sounds like a perfect day - good company, cakes and knitting - sheer bliss! Definitely like the idea of a bloggers picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think vast blog picnic idea is stonking!! Would need very large tablecloth though. Hmm.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow what a fantastic day...loving those cup cakes...

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds like such a good day!
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am soooo jealous!! I live in Sydney but in October I am visiting my sister in London and I am determined to attend a class AND shop.It sounds like great fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.