Wednesday, 19 March 2008

Doing what rabbits do best

Along with legions of others, I signed up for Lucy's Bunny Hop Swap, and was paired up with the lovely Jennie from Falling Down the Rabbit Hole (she's not feeling very well today - get well soon Jennie!). You can guess from the name that she is not a stranger to bunny making ...

Yesterday our parcel arrived; I took the girls to the post office to pick it up and they 'looked after' it while I drove - and all I could hear were squeaks, and cries of "pink bunny!" and then munching sounds. No-one took any notice of me wailing "but it's MY parcel, not yours!" Pout. Or indeed PLOM, as my husband's family say (PLOM = Poor Little Old Me).

Anyway, imagine my surprise to arrive home and discover not one,

not two,


but *three* pink bunnies!


There was also a pretty embroidered card and lots of sweeties and chocolate from Jennie's children to mine, and a brilliant Easter Bunny book about a right-on Mummy Bunny who has 21 babies and trains them to do the housework so she can deliver Easter eggs - I think I am going to pinch it for myself, it's fab. Thank you, Jennie and co - it was a fabulous parcel, and hard to believe it was really your first swap!

We hid the goodies out of bunny reach but they seem to have bonded into a good team while they were sitting in their parcel.


Blooming cheek!

24 comments:

  1. Those bunnies are gorgeous (and have gone to a lovely home!!!) How lucky are you to get 3??? No need for anying PLOM-ming anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh they are gorgeous, lucky you, just off to see who made them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't Jennie's towelling bunnies fabulous? (Mind you, I saw the fluffy one you sent her - that was gorgeous too!)

    Hmmmm, I think those bunnies could get up to all sorts of mischief. Have the girls named them yet?

    Hope you and yours have a lovely Easter weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kitty - I think the girls have named them both "pink bunny". Hard to tell through faces full of chocolate ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Three?!!! They're gorgeous! I think you may need to hide the choccies a bit higher up!

    Well done to Jennie for an awesome swap parcel :)

    I love the bunny you made for her by the way and the notebook is fab!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend with your girls and I hope the Easter bunny brings you tonnes of chocolate :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those photos! Cheeky bunnies, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwww! They look soooo soft! Great photos :D I'm off to have a look at this bunny blog now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. just had a look- your fluffy bunny is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What sweet bunnies! Very organised too! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaack! Those bunnies are adorable! How lucky are you to get three of them. And those naughty hares are hysterical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I LOVE YOUR BUNNIES!!!

    what a cute pattern and three.. *sigh*

    I'd of been sneaking them too!


    Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you - three!!! Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay That's enough of the PLOM! What gorgeous bunnies and a fabulous swap parcel. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter and see you soon.
    Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's really weird seeing things you've made on someone else's blog.. or is that just me?
    I had just made the one, but being the mother of a girl who always loved (still does) anything cute, I decided to make two more for your girls. (otherwise your bunny would never get a minutes peace!)
    Glad you liked the parcel and love the photo at the end!!
    Oh and I love my bunny that you sent so much, his ears are not too long, they are just perfect!! Everyone who has visited has given him lots of compliments ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh lucky you - a bunny each and super cute ones too! Have a great Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh they are very cute! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just had a quick peep at your adorable bunny! Just so cute and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The bunnies are so sweet and they're such good buddies ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Clara - Yes, they are friendly little things, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Easter will be full of bunnies!! They look wonderful! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Uhoh! May I suggest you take a leaf out of 1950s Autralia's book and install a rabbit-proof fence around all thing you wish to remain bunny free!

    All though think the bunnies may feel a little bit... err... best expressed by word verif: narkbbf

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like your Bunnies have a very good home and will have a good life with you & your family!
    I have a bunnie from Jennie and it is lovely and it has pride of place in my home.
    Jennnie is lovely as well as talented
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. that's hilarious! Love finding other people that have my same silly sense of humour....lol...... sight..it is so easy to enjoy life if we just have some fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello BumbleVee - I'm glad I made you smile! I've just had a quick look at your blog - I love your bears and bunnies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.