Sunday, 10 February 2008

For every head, a hat


We have come to visit my parents by the seaside for half term. The weather is absolutely perfect - more like April than March, so we headed off to the beach for a bit of messing about by the water. When we've been before the tide has been out but today we timed it just right, and one lunatic even went paddling.


Fired with enthusiasm by the making (and wearing) of my cable hat I have been busy kitting out the rest of the family. First came this watchman's hat (first seen here) for my lovely tall hubby to keep his brain nice and warm; the pattern couldn't have been simpler but all that ribbing took AGES.


He says it is very warm, and I was pleased to be able to make something for him - he does put up with an awful lot of girly pink stuff. Speaking of which:


A small pink version of mummy's hat for a small pink person. In fact this hat is a bit tight for her so it will end up being for Tiny Small, and I've already cast on for a rather looser version that should be ready for next winter at the very least.

It really was a perfect morning!

20 comments:

  1. I am very impressed with the paddling! He deserves some socks to put on after that, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stylish family! Have a lovely half-term, hope the weather stays good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes have a lovely half term and I hope the salty air blows away the last traces of illness...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy sunny days for talls and smalls. I envy you that blast of sea air.

    Errr...I tagged you...but I think that you might enjoy it...honest.
    But please don't feel obliged.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what lovely day, hope you have a really lovely half term, and that the brave paddler doesn't end up with pneumonia!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see my two weren't the only ones mad enough to dip their toes in yesterday!!!
    The hats are lovely - especially the little pink one :)

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, padderling in February a very brave foot! The sea looks amazing such a vivid green. Have a fabulous half term!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colour of the sea is amazing. Have a lovely break - we're not on half term til next week...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a lovely half-term by the sea DottyCookies (both little and large!)

    Those hats look super cosy - no wonder he was brave enough to paddle!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pictures - thank you for sharing. You will soon be a knitted hat goddess - Etsy next? :-D

    We don't have half term til next week - how much do you want to bet the weather will be 'proper' February weather by then? x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sea looks lovely - seeing as we had a nice bright weekend I've been at the beach too, good old half term.

    Love the hats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous photos! I love that last one of you & your girls--all so well hatted! Happy week ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the hats, and have a good half term!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes it really does look like a perfect morning and you all look so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful hats on beautiful heads in beautiful pictures! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Lazylol - Isn't it lovely to be at the beach this early in the year? Maybe I wouldn't feel the same way if we lived closer but it is lovely to visit.

    Hello Kitty - At the rate I knit any hats I sell will end up costing about 500 quid!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful photos of heads and hats! Isn’t the wheather gorgeous?! Enjoy your half term stay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like you're having a wonderful half-term and keeping nice and warm too! Isn't the weather great at the moment, I'm guessing it's all going to change next week when it's our half term!
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Paddling in Februrary!? Wow! Great hats! Happy vacation!! My kids have theirs next week. I hope they will give me a few spare minutes to make more babushkas for my shop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pics and looks like such good beach fun...you can not beat it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.