Sunday, 23 December 2007

Happy Christmas!


I know Christmas is nearly here now - because we made our annual trip to the teddy bear train at Audley End. We picked a really cold and frosty day, just perfect; the steam hung in the air and as we rode through the woods everything seemed very magical (and nearly made us able to forget how cold the seats were).


Eventually we reached Father Christmas' forest hiding place where the man himself was waiting with Rudolph to hand out Gummy Bears and teddies to all the children. I love this train. It is old and rickety and a bit grubby but the children don't see any of that, and it is a real treat to be able to share that with them.


So, the presents are wrapped, the cake is iced, the tree is decorated, the spare room is made up; now there are socks to be knitted and wine to be drunk, and my inner five year old is going to find it hard to get to sleep tomorrow. Wishing you all the happiest of Christmases, and I'll see you when it's all done!

16 comments:

  1. what a magical day!
    and I'm so impressed that you are all ready, if only my children would go to sleep I might be able to wrap presents!!

    hope you have a very lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what beautiful photographs. That looks simply stunning. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely day tomorrow !

    The images here are truly wonderful - you're creating some great memories there !

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely pictures. And your inner 5 year old is not alone. I asked Hubby what he was looking forward to most about Christma and he just said 'Presents'.

    Hope Santa is kind! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photographs! Maybe your inner 5 yr old could keep my bouncy 7 yr old occupied whilst I try to sleep? :-p

    I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas time. :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that train! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha- I just asked my husband the same question and got the same answer...apparently it's all about receiving?!! The train looks like great fun, have a great christmas.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Val to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you all have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My children would have been in heaven!

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you a peaceful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect frosty day for your day out. I used to do this when my boys were small - happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such sweet fun! Hope you and yours have been having some marvelous days celebrating Christmas...Blessing to you all in the New Year ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful day! Beautiful photos! Merry Christmas to you!! I just know you and your family had a lovely Christmas day! Ours was a wonderful one too, lots of smiles and laughter and plenty of sweet and delicious goodies too! I guess I do not have to tell you what my new year promise will be LOL! Wishing you and your family the very best for the New Year!!

    Smiles...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you had a really super Christmas! We used to go on train rides at Christmas too but since my friend stopped organising it I keep leaving it too late to get a ticket!!! Typical me I'm afraid! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.