Saturday, 10 November 2007

Learning and giving

Here's a fun site:

www.freerice.com

It's another one of these "click and we'll donate food" sites, but this has a vocab quiz attached so you earn rice for every word you get (or guess) correctly. Which doesn't sound much but it is horribly addictive, and there's not a daily limit on how many times you can play. I reached level 49 before I gave up (OK, so I was just trying to make sure I beat my husband), only to find that there are 50 levels - so now I HAVE to get to that!

8 comments:

  1. I keep getting stuck on 41. Feeling dumb now. But honestly, do YOU know what hoosegow means?

    ReplyDelete
  2. very addictive, not telling you how many I got but it wasn't 50!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, impressive, I only manged 32!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didnt get higher than 41 so obviously need to keep trying - learnt a few new words though and 3000 grains of rice are off somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May have to spend a few hours reading a dictionary! I got to 42 but no further. I may be addicted though. Does someone sit and count out how many grains?
    Cathy X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this site! I can always use a great vocab refresher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Val I love you blog
    I have just read it for the first time. I must try the freerice thing when I have more time lots of washing to do myself Thanks for the good read

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.