Thursday, 11 October 2007

Still quite Tiny Small

Today our younger daughter turned 3. When she arrived she looked like her big sister did as a baby, so it seemed natural to change Elsie's nickname from Small to Small Small, while Millie became Tiny Small. She wasn't really very tiny then, and now she tells me she is a Big Girl! I don't know how we're going to keep her entertained for another two years before she starts scholl - she already comes regularly into the classroom with me to help out and is completely unfazed by any of it ...

We have had a lovely day today, from breakfast with presents - despite the post strike delaying everything from our families:


through dancing in sparkly shoes:


to a specially requested train birthday cake:


Not my usual style (bought swiss rolls!) but what the little one wanted, she got today. Including rolling me up in a blanket and patting me to sleep like one of her baby dollies, telling me I was a Knitting Animal in the zoo.

Happy Birthday, little one - you'll always be Tiny Small to me!

13 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your little one. How come my 3 year old does NOT want to ba a big girl in any way! Still in nappies and sleeping in a cot and has no desire to change!

    Love the cake, when my effort of a train cake came out my 4 year old burst into tears!

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Tiny Small! May you dance through the whole year in your wonderful sparkly shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Sparkly shoes are obviously a must have for any discerning 3 year old. Can we have them in grown up sizes please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A belated Happy Birthday! What more could a little girl want to wear than pinktastic sparkly shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to your little one! -
    they are always the little one now matter how big they get!
    Love the train cake, (bought swiss rolls are good for fairy castles too!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Miss Sparkly Shoes. I hope that you have a very special party tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Tiny Small! Have a wonderful Birthday day and dance in your lovely shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like Tiny Small had the perfect day - chocolate cake and sparkly shoes does it for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday tiny small. Love those wonderful shoes! Enjoy them
    Kim xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Happy Birthday! I just love those little sparkle shoes, cute as can be!

    Smiles...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Tiny Small, what wonderful shoes! Happy Birthday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet are three year olds... time flies, my baby is ten next birthday :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to Tiny Small! It sounds like she had a really good day - and the sparkly shoes? Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.