Sunday, 7 October 2007

Overwhelmed

Well, you've stunned me. I expected about ten comments on the last post - blimey! I've tried to email everyone or visit your blogs (and you're in my bloglines now so I shall be back, bwahahaha) but if I didn't, I am sorry - I either couldn't find an email address - the curse of blogger - or I got confused with all the overlapping threads in gmail!

My smallest helper and I have this morning written your names on pieces of paper and folded them up into stars:



And the winner is:



That's Ragged Roses, in case you can't read my appalling scrawl. Well done Kim!

Since there were so many kind comments I decided to have 3 runners up, and the tiny hand picked out: Kari from Crafty Ginger, Lora from Wenches and Tracy from Cupcakes at Home. You will each receive something related to either sewing or knitting - let me know your preference!

If you can email your postal details to dottycookie at gmail dot com, I'll get the parcels off as soon as the post strike sorts itself out.

Sorry you couldn't all win but I think 34 pincushions would kill me!

Added later: I will take some pictures of how to make the stars and post either later today or tomorrow. Thanks for the interest!

11 comments:

  1. Oooh lovely, please thank the tiny hands for picking me. Just what I needed - my oldest daughter has just smashed our favourite lamp and things are going a bit pear shaped this morning, So I think a sprinkle of glitter will come in very handy!!! Thanks so much Val!
    Kim x
    I can't believe you folded all those names into such beautiful stars! Very happy and excited now, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww the paper stars were cute, how do you make them? *searches google*

    Congrats those who won!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stars too, very gorgeous, and all different colours too. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the winners! Are you an Origami expert? Wow, all those folded stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Please do tell how to make the stars. I love paper folding and have seen these elsewhere but never tried them. What sweet pictures, too.
    Congrats to all the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little stars are a bowl full of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just knowing that my name was wrapped up in a pretty little star is fun enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fancy folded stars - I am feeling quite useless in comparison (mine were folded up post it notes!!!)

    However...the good news is, you won a prize...so hot-foot it over to my blog and see what you got, and email me your address so I can pop it in the post for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Star folding tutorial needed! Please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little stars are amazing - I can't wait to see how you make them. Is it possible to make a large version? (I'm just thinking how great they would be on a Christmas tree or made into a garland!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea so excited to have won - its obviously in my stars.... Which i will also be having a go at this week was thinking all strung together they would make a really cute garland for my little christmas tree.
    Thanks again cant wait for the postmans return!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.