Saturday, 13 October 2007

Blast from the past

It was our wedding anniversary yesterday (busy week this week) so we went out for dinner, and when we came back, we found More4 playing a very old episode of The Tube. Well, who could resist Big Country (even dodgier clothes than I remember), a very young Jools Holland, and joy of joys, U2! Live! (well, live 25 years ago). I was mildly disappointed that Bono didn't climb up a speaker stack, but he was just as embarrassingly over the top and earnest as you could have hoped for.

And now I feel oh, so old. It went on till 1am, you see ...

7 comments:

  1. You must have had a wonderful night! U2, oh yes, we have seen the band several times performing live-oncerts. Always a big party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello it's starry. I forgot my blogger password lol.

    Happy birthday to tiny small and happy anniversary to you and your husband. I hope you had a wonderful time on both days!

    I had a go at the stars but seem to crush them rather than puff them out. I shall perservere!

    TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - the restaurant looks like the ideal place to celebrate an anniversary. Was the food good? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the wedding anniversary - how many years?
    My stars look a bit crushed too, thought it might be the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! I use to love the Tube, I've got to try and catch the re-runs, probably squirm at the clothes I use to wear!
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary. The restaurant looked very posh and sounds delicious! Did you catch Jools' autobiography on Radio4 last week? That was good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary and Birthday to all, I love those stars and will certainly give those a go! The tube, ah, those days seem so long ago.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.