Saturday, 22 September 2007

Star struck

So, we went on our usual Saturday morning ballet trip to Saffron Walden, and as we drove along towards the car park I looked out of the window and who should I see but ... Jamie Oliver! Just as well I wasn't the one driving or I'd have caused an accident. His parents live nearby in Clavering so we of course started to make theories about how he must be visiting them, and that the children weren't with them because they must be with the grandparents, and so on. They were parked opposite the sausage shop so maybe they were nipping in for a pound of porky bangers.

We didn't bump into him going round the town which is probably a good thing as I would have made a complete fool of myself. It is very odd when you see someone famous in Real Life - you've spent so much time watching them on TV and reading their books that it feels a little as if you know them. It must be bizarre to be hailed as an old friend wherever you go ...

5 comments:

  1. I’m a big fan of Mr. Oliver! I love his books and recipes and we see him a lot on tv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Gary Lineker in the supermarket last week. He is much smaller than he looks on TV and much more tanned. But he is just about the only famous person that I would recognise - I am completely pathetic at spotting faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Sophie Grigson, Tim Burton and Helena Bonham-Carter. All in my local waitrose. The supermarket of celebs, evidently.

    Although not Jamie, because I expect he's not allowed to set foot in anywhere bar Sainsburys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hopeless at spotting anyone famous so could have been in the company of any number of celebs but wouldn't realise unless someone pointed them out! well done for spotting him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once sat next to Meg Ryan in a New York cafe, trying desperately not to stare and be starstruck - me not her obviously! Oh, and I often see Sharron Davies around here (probably because she lives nearby)

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.