Tuesday, 4 September 2007

Good enough to eat

I am a bit behind the times - I have only just made my first ever Ebay purchases but lookie lookie lookie:


These sock wools are from the Natural Dye Studio. Oh, the colours! And the texture - this is fabulous to knit with. Amanda who runs the shop hand dyes the wool with natural materials; I'd love to visit but I have a feeling the girls would either rebel or wreck the shop after being stuck in a car for so long, so for now I'll be sticking with online.


Elsie especially requested socks made from this since in addition to being scrumptious, it is called Angelina. But I think it looks like those rhubarb and custard sweets you used to be able to buy. I'll try not to hold that against it ...

9 comments:

  1. Somebody will be pretty in pink when their clever mum has finished knitting. Just the right thing for ballerinas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s indeed going in the direction of a habit... addiction maybe. The colours are very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wool and it does remind me of rhubarb and custards too, they were one of my, many, favourites! Enjoy
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking at that wool too for ages on ebay. Thye do have a great selection don't they. Not surprised you were tempted. Looking forward to seeing the socks when they're done. Shame you can't pop over and sit by the fire with me come autumn and we can knit some together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wool, such pretty colours! I daren't even start buying things from Ebay because I'd forever find yummy things I just had to have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to let you know that "My Young Man" has the same effect on me! Sad and beautiful!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely wool!!!
    I remember those sweets they were my favourite...hence the bad teeth now:-)
    Take care,
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scrummy yarn...gorgeous colors! But you're not at all behind the times...I've never ordered from Ebay myself. I've looked around a little, but the whole bidding thing, checking back, etc. doesn't interest me that much. Just buy, I like that--LOL ;o) Happy Weekend to you ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the world of Ebay - careful it can be addictive, add that to the time blogging, you'll never see the family again! Great wool though, I really need to learn to knit!

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.