Tuesday, 21 August 2007

I should go away more often

We had a lovely holiday, and I promise to post some pictures very soon - there are literally hundreds to choose from so it'll take me a little while to whittle them down!

But in the meantime, I was surprised and delighted to receive nominations for three blogging awards while I was away. I really didn't expect any of this, being a relative newbie, but I'm extremely chuffed that people thought of me.


The first one is the Nice Matters award; this was started by Bella Enchanted who says:

"This award will be awarded to those that are just nice people , good blog friends and those that inspire good feelings and inspiration! Those that care about others that are there to lend support or those that are just a positive influence in our blogging world! "

Gosh. I don't know what to say. Thank you very much to Caroline at dolliedaydream, Jo at Angel Jem's City Cottage and Nicolette at de vliegende koe.

Next was this one, from Julie at Little Cotton Rabbits:


It was started here. This one makes me smile, but I don't think I rock anymore; I'm not sure I ever really did - maybe twenty years ago :-) I do think it's brilliant though, and since having two small girls, "Pink is my favourite colour" - to quote my favourite 2 year old.

Last but not least came The Power of Schmooze from Tracy at Pink Purl:


I must confess to being a little nervous about this one initially - "schmooze" has a few dodgy connotations here, but then I read a description of this one as being "to reward bloggers who not only blog but also participate in a conversation with other bloggers, creating new communities." I like that! Though I think it may be a polite way of saying that I talk a lot ;-)

So now I'm supposed to nominate people - 7 Nice People, 5 schmoozers and an unspecified number of Rockin' Girlies. The trouble is, I can't decide, so I think I might just cheat a bit. There are lots of blogs I adore and read avidly and wait eagerly for updates; but there are a few whose writers are also generous and kind in their comments, engage in email and share a great deal of themselves. So ladies, here you are - I list you in no particular order and invite you to choose any or all of these awards for yourselves. You all deserve all of them, and I know some of you have already had some of them, probably more than once. Which says a lot all by itself.

Simmy at Echoes of a Dream

Alice at The Magpie Files

Ali at domesticali
Caroline at dolliedaydream

Jo at Angel Jem's City Cottage

Kim at RaggedRoses

Julia at VintageHeaven
Tracy at Pink Purl

Nicolette at de vliegende koe

Becca at Knittymama

Julie at Little Cotton Rabbits

Tash at VintagePretty

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all your awards!

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all the awards! What fun to come home to all of us celebrating you! And thank you so much for nominating me for an award in turn--so lovely of you! Glad you are back and in the swing of things there. Looking forward to seeing you holiday photos! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve all those awards, you really do so Congratulations.

    Thanks too for nomintaing me for them - I'm really chuffed to coin a phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Thank you for your awardungs & I'm so chuffed you got so many!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all those awards, they're well deserved!! I just wanted to say congrats when my daughter pointed out my name on your list - thank you and, well, my cheeks are blushing (honestly), thank you!
    Kim x
    PS hope you get a chance to get away from Drusilla's play area and explore the Bluebell railway or Standen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on all your awards -you deserve them for the dotty cookie recipe alone, believe me, those biscuits have been done to death in this house!

    Thanks for passing one on to me, I got totally overexcited to see my name on the list, do I have to choose which one I pass on?

    Glad you enjoyed your hols, it's great to be back in blogland!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.