Friday, 3 August 2007

En vacances

We're off to the Lakes for a couple of weeks - which makes great sense, driving from a part of the country that is currently gorgeously warm to one where it's going to rain tomorrow. Apparently it's going to get better over the next few days though, so we can but hope! I doubt I'll have any internet access till we get back though, so apologies if I don't reply to email.

I'll leave you with some backpacks I've made this week. I'm still not entirely happy with the handles; I've tried a couple of different attachments but have more ideas to try when I get back. I'll sort it out!


These were for the children of Elsie's childminder, S. She will be going to a different lady in the autumn as S is moving on to other things. She's been absolutely brilliant with Elsie and has played a big role in her transition to school, and her children have looked out for Elsie in the playground which has been wonderful. I had great fun making these! The cupcake and flower patterns are from Julie at Little Cotton Rabbits. The cheeky gnomes look very at home on the grass!


This is one I made for the fundraiser Tracy has been organising over at Pink Purl. It was a bit different making an adult sized bag - good, but different! I used some material I found at Ikea the other day. They have some really vibrant patterns and colours at the moment; I was a bit taken aback at having to measure and cut myself - especially since the cutting table was a bit of a dumping ground - but I suppose that's the Ikea way!


Have a lovely fortnight!

14 comments:

  1. Wow - you've been busy. Lovely backpacks. And have a wonderfol holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely backpacks!!
    I hope you have a wondeful holiday.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful fortnight camping and the weather stays fine. Love those backpacks!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fantastic trip! Soak up the sun and be merry! The backpacks are marvelous! You've done a super job on all of them. And I'm thrilled, and grateful you took time to make one for the fundraiser, and on such sort notice--thank you so much! I, too, have found some wonderful fabrics at Ikea, great prices too. But the cutting areas at the shops are bit, well, very messy! Still, I guess to get the good price we just have to muck in! LOL! See you when you get back ((HUGS)) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you will have a wonderful holiday at the Lakes! You have been busy before leaving! The bags look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are just so cute! Almost makes me want to go sew rather than knit tonight:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous back packs have a wonderful trip it looks like the weather is going to hold for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a fab time with your family - the Lake District is wonderful whatever the weather. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you come back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the weather stays good for you. The lakes are one of my all-time favourite places so I'm really looking forward to reading all about your trip when you get back. The backpacks looks gorgeous - I can see you'll have to go into production!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The backpacks are absolutely fantastic!
    Hope it doesn't rain all week.... I've been to the Lakes & I know enoug to think that it will rain at least one day while you're there. That's what God invented Rheged for, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what backpacks! Love them to pieces. Good luck with the weather, I'm sure it'll be magical. I've been to the Lake District only once, and feel sorry that we didn't get to spend more time there. I'm so desperate to go camping, I'm thinking of erecting a tent in the garden - hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your trip... The backpacks are just lovely..

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the gnome fabric! Where is it from? x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.