Sunday, 29 July 2007

Thank you Postie!


Mr Postman has been busy bringing us some lovely things this week. First came presents from the lovely Alison as part of the Pay It Forward swap:


My pictures don't do these justice, and you can't smell the wafts of lavender that came as I opened the package, fending off small fingers with all my might. Those same small fingers couldn't resist modelling the hearts and strawberries.


Thank you Alison! These are now adorning the handles of a chest of drawers upstairs.

The other package was delicious fabric I order from Cia's palette. Caroline kindly pointed me at a really useful article from Manda at Treefall designs about how to order fabric painlessly from the US - and look what I ended up with:


Yes, those really are garden gnomes on the top piece.


I love this, and I don't know why.

9 comments:

  1. I had read the same article about ordering fabric from the US and have been planning to treat myself to some ever since. I love the ones you've ordered, especially the one with the birdhouses on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Graden Gnome fabric is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure...glad you liked them!
    Take care,
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the russian doll fabric... I will resist, but only til after the hols. But the garden gnome fabric is just too irresistable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your treasures are lovely... Alison does such beautiful work..enjoy enjoy!

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, just when I thought I was done ordering fabric!!! That stuff is so adorable, and my son loves gnomes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such delicious goodies! Alison's creations are sweet treasures! And I'm drooling over your new fabrics--yum! Have fun with your new toys ;o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous fabric - love the gnomes and russian dolls! I'm going to follow that link! Lovely goodies from Alison - lucky you.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.