Monday, 2 July 2007

Look away if you're on a diet

I found a recipe in the Cranks Bible (my favourite cookbook) for rosewater and fig ice cream, but when it came to it last night I couldn't face making custard, or whipping it out of the freezer every hour to beat it, so I turned back to an old favourite Nigella recipe and messed with it. Gordon Ramsey it is not but if you love rosewater ohhhh it's good!

Easy rosewater and fig ice cream

300 ml double cream
90g icing sugar
1 tbsp rosewater (or less if you are not a rose freak)
a handful of soft dried figs, chopped small.

Whip the cream with the sugar and rosewater till it holds soft peaks. Stir in the chopped figs. Pour into a plastic box and stick it in the freezer.

Ideally ripen it in the fridge for about 10 mins before eating, but I've just scraped out a spoonful and it's fine by me just from the freezer.

Warning: You will gain at least 3 pounds just by looking at this.

5 comments:

  1. Homemade ice-cream - fatal to the thighs, but soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've just put on a kilo! What a great recipe - I'm a bit of an ice-cream addict and I love rose water - the perfect combination, Going to buy some figs tomorrow and try some at the weekend, if I can wait that long! Thanks
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is summer, so we must have ice cream...let's not tally the kilo just now. Oh, this sounds an ice cream dream! It's so hard to get fresh figs where I live, so not sure if I'll be able to make this soon, but I've written this down on a card for my recipe file! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum... I love figs. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.