Monday, 23 July 2007

Ballet and broomsticks

We've had a whirlwind weekend. School ended on Friday, but that didn't signal an end to the madness, oh no - we had Elsie's dance school show on Friday night and Saturday. It was actually really good fun. Lots of very cute little people dances - ducks, sandcastles, extracts from Annie - and only one dance with some of the older teenage girls dressed, shall we say, provocatively. Unfortunately it opened the second half and I think a few of the dads may have choked on their lemonade.

Elsie's class danced to one of the songs from the Lion King and it was very well done - they didn't forget their steps, no-one fell over and no-one went the wrong way. And they all looked like they were having a blast - not a fake smile to be seen! Millie adored it all - she kept standing on our laps and at the end of each dance looked very seriously at me and said "There is another one, Mama?" I painted her a nose and whiskers with lipstick to match Elsie (mistake - I don't think it's going to wash off my shirt) and she is very excited to be in her own dance when she's bigger.

After that we headed off to my father-in-law's house in Hampshire. It was a lovely restful visit, and the chance to read the new Harry Potter - we had 2 2-hour car journeys and you can demolish a lot of JK Rowling in 2 hours. I finished it last night and very much enjoyed it , though I nearly had to bash Bear on the head with it - he tried to turn out the bedside light when I had 4 pages to go. I know it's meant for kids, but to be honest after having two of them there's so little left of my brain it suits me down to the ground.

It does mean I'm a bit late getting started on my Pay It Forward gifts - but fear not ladies (you know who you are by now): the stitching starts tonight ...

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a marvelous weekend!! Not to worry about the PIF's--you have 365 days to make good on them, you know ;o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like Elsie had a blast! Enjoy the summer holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the latest Harry Potter. I have yet to get a copy, but I'm looking forward to reading it.

    Hope that you enjoy some sunshine during the summer holidays.

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still ploughing through HP- I love it but just don't have the time to read it all. Isn't the end of term mad, such a busy time for everyone. The dance show sounds lovely.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only thing that made my son go to watch his sister doing wholesome flower dance routines was the knowledge that there would be some older girls dressed in not very much doing James Bond routines. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.