Monday, 18 June 2007

Pringle update

We had the school fayre yesterday - how lucky were we with the weather? The only fine day in the middle of a ten day stretch of rain here. We don't have a total yet but Pringle Tube Alley was busy for nearly 3 hours, and by the end of it we had only one prize left and had given away nearly 200!

We had a dog show, tractor rides, plant sales, cream teas, a band and even a majorette troupe which the little girls loved and the parents found mildly alarming. Elsie and Millie particularly liked the tractor and said it was like riding the Ninky-Nonk, and how fabulous is that?!

It was a great day - long, and hard work, but really worthwhile. And we won the raffle!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like those tubes were weighted just right - our fete is Saturday. And the forecast is not good....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a great day--sounds like such fun! Oh, and thanks so much for your lovely email...I owe you a few lines now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a really busy weekend, great that your pringle tubes were worth the smelliness! Thanks for the biscuit recipie - will give it a try with Amy over the long, long summer hols (I'm already making a list of things to keep us busy!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.