Thursday, 3 May 2007

How to make me happy

Lovely comments on my stuff from people who aren't related to me - especially brilliant coming from women whose work I admire enormously. Thanks Kari and Jilly-flowers - you made my day!

Now all I have to do is find time to actually make things. This last week has been completely insane - I had a two day course learning how to care for the school swimming pool and have sent out fifty letters asking for sponsorship for the school art exhibition (that's what you get for not being able to say no), plus we're in the middle of our annual review at work - not much time left over for fun stuff in the evenings, crafting or blogging. But I have been cooking - well we still have to eat - and one of my favourite things from this week has been balsamic strawberries. Mix up some cut strawberries with a dessertspoon each of balsamic vinegar (I don't buy really expensive stuff, but also not the cheapest industrial thinner bottles either) and caster sugar and leave them to sit for a couple of hours. It sounds very odd, but the syrup is the most intensely strawberryish flavour ever. We're starting to get UK grown strawberries in the shops and Elsie and I are in heaven. Millie, not so much - can she really be my child ?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.