Saturday, 26 May 2007

Crinkly pinkly skirt



Every month there is a fabric sale at one of the church halls on the outskirts of Cambridge. Usually I either forget or am not in the right place at the right time but when I am I love to go along. There's a beautiful selection of cottons and linens (along with some truly hideous shiny synthetic stuff) at £4-6 per metre. We went this week and bought a selection of pretty stuff for making skirts and dresses for the summer - now I just need to find the time to sew them all!

Anyway, last year (yes, last YEAR) I bought some very lovely pink crinkly cotton with ribbons and sequins and embroidered embellishments, with the intention of making a dress for Elsie. Finally this week I got round to using it, but decided to make tiered peasant skirts for them both based on the tutorial at Be Sew Stylish. With hindsight I should have just made another whirly skirt as the pleated fabric didn't really gather properly and the topstitching needed at each layer just stretched it a bit too flat. But they are pretty and the girls do seem to like them.



1 comment:

  1. your girls certainly do well in the skirt department - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.