Tuesday, 15 May 2007

The beauty of symmetry

Elsie has been making butterfly pictures with random paint splodges for as long as she's been able to hold a paintbrush. Recently she's been learning about symmetry and has realised that all sorts of interesting things can be chopped in half and reconstructed.


The one she did of Bear was alarmingly accurate!

Millie thinks you shouldn't stop at just one fold, and turns every painting into a very soggy present that I gingerly unwrap and enthusiastically praise while trying to keep paint off the floor. Thank goodness we covered the table in cheap oilcloth not Cath Kidston!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some feedback! I love reading your comments and I do my best to reply to them. If Blogger gives me your email address, or if I can find one on your blog I'll try to reply by email; otherwise I'll reply in the comments here.